Extreme Hot Vendor
- Jan 28, 2016
- Reaction score
1) When using an anonymity or privacy service, it is extremely important that all traffic originating from your computer is routed through the anonymity network.
2) If any traffic flows outside of a secure connection to the network, any adversary controlling your traffic will be able to register your activity.
3) DNS or Domain Name System is used to translate domain names such as www.privacyinternational.org into numeric IP addresses, for example. 22.214.171.124, which are required to route data packets on the Internet.
4) Whenever your computer needs to contact a server on the Internet, for example when you enter a URL in your browser, your computer contacts the DNS server and asks for an IP address.
5) Most ISPs assign their customers a DNS server that they control and use to log and record your online activities.
6) Under certain conditions, even when connected to the anonymity network, the operating system will continue to use its default DNS servers instead of the anonymous DNS servers assigned to your computer over the anonymity network.
7) DNS leaks pose a serious privacy threat as an anonymous network can provide a false sense of security while personal data is leaked.
8) If you are concerned about DNS leaks, you should also understand DNS transparent proxy technology to ensure that the solution you choose preserves your privacy.